Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just What I Needed

Enjoying a marathon game of Ms. Pac-Man (something Liz and Alyson used to do all the time)
Elsie back from London :)
After the LSU victory

Lauren and me at her shower

It is now Monday night, but I need to write about my weekend. My weekends have become a time to scurry around and do things that I do not get done during the week. Really, weekends are not fun for me, but necessary. I think they are fun, but in reality and retrospect, they are not. Well, this weekend, I got to spent time with friends and take it easy. First, I have to say thank you to KOT. They helped build a fence and clean up a rental that Brent and I have. It is the rental that my friend, Angie, and her kids are living in, so it was extra special. I love those guys. Always will. Although they have no idea who I am for the most part, they still are a great group-I am extra sentimental about KOT. Saturday afternoon, I met my dear friend, Alyson ("Elsie") and Liz for lunch. Elsie just moved back from London and now lives in Austin. I have not seen her since I went to London in July. I have missed her so and was so thrilled to spend the afternoon with she and Liz. Old times. We went to the Baylor campus and walked around. They had not seen the new buildings and additions. Oh my gosh, we felt old. Just 4 years ago that was our school. Our lives. Chi Omega yours forever. Ha. And now, we knew not a soul. So strange. We had memory time and then we watched the LSU/UT game. I hate UT, so naturally, I was all about LSU. Geaux. Liz is also from Louisiana so it fueled the fire in the house. Needless to say, you all know the outcome. We were ecstatic. I am so thankful for days like that with good old friends. Sunday was also great because I got to go to Lauren's baby shower. She is due in 4 weeks and it means a lot to me to be a part of this part of her life. Lauren and I have been thru a lot. She is one of the main reasons my faith is strengthened, she and I have an great testimony of forgiveness that has been such an intregal part of my life. For Lauren and baby James, I am thankful. Lastly, my sweet friends, Mandy, Shannon, Brittany and Nicole helped me paint the inside of Angie's house. This was so cool to me because they gave their time for the cause of something more than they will ever fully grasp. I am so thankful for them and how they have prayed for me. It was such a refreshing weekend. I am a blessed woman.

12 comments:

lauren said...

I am thankful for you, too! Your friendship has been such a blessing to me and strengthener of my faith, as well. I was so glad you were able to be there! James is thankful for his cute stuff! Everyone went nuts over the adorable little slippers. I'm glad you had such a great weekend with old friends...there's nothing like it!

BTW~I'm missing my diaper bag, have you seen it?? =)

Nicki W. said...

LOL! My baby James will enhoy that bag! You are precious. PS>I was just looking at our MHS senior ads together...ah, the memories!

Suzanne said...

good to see you, nicki!! the shower was fun..glad you stopped by! ;)

Nicki W. said...

Suze,
You too :)
Hopefully we will see you with a little on the way soon, but first we need to get you back to Waco!

lauren said...

Amen to that!! I would love for Suzanne to move back!

Nic,
We are going to need to do another updated picture when I'm not taking up half of the picture!

Nicki W. said...

L,
I like your belly! We do need some updated versions of the two of us though. OK, after James, we'll give you a couple of weeks and then we will take another pic!

lauren said...

Ha! That would be nice if I lost all my weight in a couple of weeks!

Suzanne said...

lar, you're going to win those big bucks for the biggest loser, remember!! (and with YOUR genetics, you probably COULD loose those pounds within at least a couple of months...~gag!) ;)

girls, i'd come back to whacko...but there is no convincing my hubby :(

lauren said...

I'm waiting for a new post!! It's been too long!

Suzanne said...

yes! miss reading your posts, nic!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found you!

Anonymous said...

hey- did you talk to your friend about our house???? let me know.