Sunday, June 19, 2005

Thankful for Fathers

What a day! I love Father's Day! I got to go to church with my fam. They came to my church, which truly blesses me. My bro came and all. Great service, great company. I went over to Brent's parents as well, even though he is out of town. I love my father-in-law. I could not ask for a better one. He raised an awfully good and Godly guy for me to fancy. I am so thankful for him as a role model. Good guy, Steve is. Good to the bone. Loves the Lord and it shines on his family. Thanks, Steve! Anyway, I went to the their house and chatted with them. I then went to my parents where Dad cooked steaks and grilled veggies (my faa-aave!) My Dad is a wonderful griller, which as you all know spilled over unto my brother, his protege. After that, we went to my grandparents house (they were unable to join us at our home b/c Nana was not feeling up to par) for some homeade peach icecream! So delicious. So divine. It was fun to spend time with my brother, to talk to him about his life. It was a great day. I am so thankful to have my daddy. He is a funny, funny man. He makes me laugh. He also makes me proud. He is a hard, hard working man. He is a great guy. He made a lot of sacrifices for my brother and me to have a good life. He moved us here a long time ago, he knew then it was best for our family, though for a while we resented him. I know look back on that move and think...God was our provider even then...our Jehovah Jireh. It's funny, because even then, He had a plan for us and none of us (my family) even knew Him. I wonder if my Dad ever looks back at what all he has done for us and thinks to himself, "See, I knew this was for the best." Well, it was. All of it. The move, the job, the long hours, the tears, the disagreements, the first car, the money for college, the money we still pay for college, the day you walked me down the aisle and the emotional support you gave along the way. It was all worth it. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I sure do love you.