Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Being One with Him

I love the days when I feel so close in communion with God. You see things you don't normally see. I don't just mean people needing help and you wanting to show compassion (though that is something you feel), but I mean you feel spiritual warfare all around you. I know that seems like a weird-o thing to want to feel, but I LOVE to feel it. It's like Satan and God are in a fight and you get to be a part of the action. I see spiritual warfare where I work all the time. Spirit of oppression, doubt and lies consume a lot of my clients. I like, no no, I love to look at an oppressed person and just pray over them and say "Not today Satan, step aside, please." Some of you probably think I am nuts right now talking about spirits and oppression. But I challenge you to ask God to reign over your life tomorrow, to open your eyes to new things. To hear His voice. It's an awesome thing when being One with the Lord. It may require some fasting, or reading the Word, but when He reveals things to you, it is awesome. He reveals things to me in my dreams, and He shows me some things about myself in them. I am not saying I feel this way everyday, but on the days when I am really in tune, I love it. Get ready though, sometimes, it is not pretty. Sometimes that kind of growth hurts...but it is all worth it. The older I get the more I appreciate radical "weird" Christians--I think sometimes we all want the safe, pretty version of God (myself included). Sometimes it exhausts me to even think of all the warfare we can partake in there is so much out there. Let's all be bold this week and hear Him speak to us in ways we never thought possible! Tell someone about you faith! Pray over someone who is hurting! Why are we so scared to do this? I'll get off of my soap box now. Any stories of a time you felt One with God?