Thursday, April 14, 2005

God Does Perform Miracles

Yesterday, I was talking to my mother-in-law about miracles. She is doing the Beth Moore study "Believing God", and basically, Beth talks about how God absolutely performs miracles in our society today, sometimes we do not acknowledge them, or give God the credit and glory for them. She shared with me her miracles, so I want to share mine with you all. Here are a few:

1. When I was around 5 years old on a camping trip, my brother and I almost send ourselves over a cliff into a ravine. We had locked the truck doors and turned the truck on and put it into reverse. Before my parents could even process what was happening, my dad flew towards us, pulling on the door, but we were too scared (or stupid) to unlock the door. We just stared at him. Suddenly, the door flew open, and my Dad threw my brother and me out onto the ground-the truck's back tires were 1/4 of an inch from the cliff's edge. My parents cried the entire way home. God had something planned for us, don't you think, Casey?
2. One night while I was in college, I went to bed after doing a quiet time-I had been praying for Brent and my relationship, wanting us to grow closer to the Lord and honor Him because we had not been doing a very good job of it. The next morning I woke up and a picture from across the room was placed on top of my Bible. You better believe things changed after that.
3. I had dreams for my friendship with Lauren Satterfield to be reconciled. God would show me vivid pictures of our old friendship and how I should confess to her that I was sorry for any hurt I caused her. I had these dreams at least once a week for 6 years and ignored them. One night I had a dream about her and the next day I saw her on the local news...I had no idea she lived in Waco. OK, God. I get the picture. I found her email address and emailed her that same day. Turns out, she had had a dream about me the same day I had one about her. We have a renewed friendship that blesses me everyday.
4. Brent and I were just married and wanted to begin Sunday School at our new church. We were sooo nervous. We new almost no one. I prayed the night before for God to allow me to be myself and connect with at least one person so I would not be discouraged. That morning, Sunday School was cancelled, but us and one other couple had no idea. We stayed in the classroom for a few minutes and talked. I REALLY hit it off with the girl. I told Brent that night I hoped she would go back next week b/c I really liked her and knew we would be friends. I felt such a conviction, the next morning I called her at work like a stalker. She was thrilled, we had lunch the next day and were inseparable until she moved back to Houston--this story is so long, but it has other connected miracles to it that are soooo encouraging.

I have more, but it is late. The point is, God is good! He performs many miracles daily, and though I have never seen the blind gain sight...you better believe I believe it can happen.

3 comments:

Nicki W. said...

I forgot to give my miracle friend a shout-out! Angie Allen is my miracle blessing!

lauren said...

I am so glad you are blogging now! I still get chills thinking about how God worked through our situation and turned it into such a blessing. I am constantly amazed at His power and how He does work actively in our lives. All we have to do is open our eyes to it! Thank you for allowing us to read about how God is working in your life!

Anonymous said...

What a great site herbal hair loss Isdn pinout rj45 Ringtone downloading program Travel intensive