Friday, September 04, 2009

The End of An Era

This is one of the many reasons I love my husband. The fact that up until today, he has been rolling around town in this since, get this...1998. Yes, he is still driving the same car he had in high school and he loves it. It's a beast. It's loud--Colton, our nephew, always knows when uncle Brent is getting home. It is beat up. For the past few years, I have urged him to get something more kid-friendly. Especially when I have to hoist my myself up in there and drag two kids out. I also swear the thing does not have power steering, though Brent assures me it does. It may not look all that bad from the outside, but shall we take a "Cribs" tour from within?


Lovely, blue cloth interior....

Steering wheel with a portion on the "padding" gone. C'mon...you wore it down to the literal wire?
The mileage...
Ahhh, and my favorite as of late, the missing brake padding.
Broken mirror? Who cares?
So, this week when he told me he was going to buy his brother's new{er} truck. I was all about it. That is, until I started thinking about it. The blue truck. The memories. I STARTED DATING Brent when he got this truck! We were but babes then. It's funny how you don't realize how much you attach things with people. We had so many laughs in that truck. Lots of fights. Heated discussions. Great long talks. Listening to mixed tapes. So many make out sessions--imagine after almost 12 years! We have become grown ups in this truck. And I can't even begin to tell you how much little Mug is going to miss the blue truck. He has already cried about it several times and told us to give it back to Uncle Brad when we are done with it. Still, getting a new truck is good. Probably safer and easier for me to drive. I just can't help but look back and reminisce about the good times that we had in the good ol' 1994 Chevy.

4 comments:

Rose said...

awww! SWEET!

Michael said...

I hope 'Ole Blue wasn't our mojo maker for Visiting Angels. If it was, we are screwed.

Tiffany said...

Wow, that all seems like a lifetime ago! I am sure that a new truck is safer and all, but I can totally understand your hesitation to let it go.

~Shelly~ said...

aw it just needed a little CK Resto... www.latemodelrestoration.com haha my hubs works there.