Friday, May 15, 2009

Look at Him Go!! (27 months)

I need to ask for some helpful hints. I cannot get this guy to sit still for any pictures... He's driving in this....

Or on this...


Or running like this...


Or on another apparatus making a face like this...



any pointers? I need some better pics with him and especially with the REW and him together!

This is my little sweetie pie. He is so so so adorable more and more every day. Yes, he gives me some greys, BUT we are gettting the discipline thing more and more. He and I are communicating better. I have learned that this one needs to know well in advance what the expecatations are of him before we enter a situation. I have also learned he needs a time frame (ie. we are playing on this for 5 minutes, but then mommy has to come inside and make dinner and you have to come too), so this has been working so much better!

Mainly, as you can see, he is on the go. He loves to ride, mow, run, whatever is in action. Not sitting still unless he is watching Dora. You would not believe the things this kid says. He is hysterically funny. I am also starting to see how literal kids are...it is hard to explain the english lanuage sometimes!
The most interesting thing Mug is into is stuffed animals. I know that sounds boring, but this is his newest thing. I will have to do a post solely on his bear entourage. The Entourage goes with him everywhere. Like a real posse. I think he pays them. As soon as he wakes up, he wants you to come get him and "get my bears, so we can watch Dora." Now, the "bears" are not all bears. He throws a bunny, a lamb and a dog in there too. They all have names. The most unique and perplexing one to me is a dog he calls, "Donique." I swear there was no prompting with that one. That is the name that came out of his mouth. So, we have to haul every single animal down stairs when he wakes, back up for nap, down after nap and then back up at bedtime. Along with a blanket from my childhood. He has full on convos with the animals. "Donique, want some milk?" "Mommy, get Donique's milk." Anyway, it's funny stuff.
He is also back to being a love bug. He loves to cuddle and kiss and hug. I was worried for a while that it was already past that stage, but he got it back. He hugs REW all the time! Still, a little too hard, but she is starting to be able to hold her own a little more. Sweet sweet. I hope their relationship keeps growing and growing!
He is supposed to continue with MDO this summer, but I am torn. I have zero full days with him as is. I would like to have some days where we can have our own learning and school time. I think he is old enough for brief lessons. However, I still want him to be in a routine structure so I just don't know! Oh and potty training is now almost non-existent. We had some major setbacks. Hoping to start working on that too. That is another reason I want to keep him home so we can work on that for at least a couple of full days a week. Decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

Christian Family said...

too precious...from the things you write...our boys sound very similar..or should I say...as I read about your little...it reminds me of Bailey at that age...

and...the names will continue...which is so funny and I love...B went through a stage with the name "Kank"...and now it is "GUSling"...not to mention the "Teddy"."Bear", "Pup", etc...
oh, the JOY of boys...especially energetic, enthusiastic, passionate, hardheaded, agressive, stongwilled, sweet, funny...and just basically 100% boy ones...LIFE is GOOD
(no...GREAT)

Anonymous said...

Keep him at home this summer if that is really what you want! You'll never get this time back or the chance to keep him home once he starts school for real! Keep him on a "school like" schedule at home and that should help him transition back to MDO in the fall. Just my preschool directorish two cents...Shannon