Monday, April 20, 2009

A Small Bite Out of The Big Apple

First, let me say there is something so strange about these pictures. OH WAIT...it is because I am in all of them! As a mom, I never have pictures with me in them and if I do, good or bad, it goes in a frame! So, I was delighted when I got the pictures from Kimberly to have some with B and me and some with my friends!
I don't really have the time nor energy to recall all of our NYC trip details. Let me just say it was fun. I would recommend never taking children and if you have to, take a nanny. It would just be so hard to transport them everywhere. Sweet Holly came to watch Sawyer and Reese and that was a big help!

The Bears won over San Diego State pretty big! That was a fun experience. As was the Penn State game, but their fans totally, brutally out numbered us. And might I add, their fans were foul-mouthed and very rude. Now, I appreciate a rowdy fan. I wish BU fans were a little grittier to be honest. However, these fans made me blush at the things they were saying to us. And I had a pregnant friend with me for crying out loud! Penn State...mind your manners, please! We ended up falling short to them, which was a huge disappointment, because honestly, I believe we were a better team. Still, we were so so so proud of them and the strong finish they had to their season.

We went to see "Wicked" and I thought it was genius. Of course, I would kindly spend ALL of my time at musicals and plays. They are fasinating to me. I wonder about all the details that go into them and all of the rehearsals. They make it look stinkin' easy. If you ever get to go, I recommend it.
One night we all went out to a family style restaurant called Carmines. Yummy. It was wonderful and we all ate waaaay to much. I think the huge dessert, the Titanic, put me back into workout emergency mode for the next 6 months! We all just sat arounf and laughed and talked. It is so nice to have such wonderful friends to get to go on these trips with. I think at some point it would be nice to go with a bunch of girls and go SHOPPING! I only got to go to one H&M!


Well folks, that is all I can write! REW just woke from her nap!

5 comments:

Angie said...

so fun! we are totally going with ya'll next year. caleb already told me that the football team was going to a bowl game this year, so maybe we can all go together to that!

lauren said...

I loved Wicked too, and I'm so jealous you got to go to Carmines. That's one of my favorite restaurants in the world!

kinsey said...

what fun! we saw Wicked in chicago last year...LOVED IT! but i'm like you, i could sit and watch musicals all day long :-)

Anonymous said...

It's like we almost took the same trip! Went to Wicked and only 1 H&M...I would have gone in them all!!

Jennifer said...

Such a fun trip, girlie! Can't wait for the next one!