Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mommy Office Getaway

My big birthday present from big Brent was a getaway for Kimbo, Jennifer and me to the Barton Creek Resort and Spa ! The daddy offices were pleased to stay home and watch the kids for a night and catch up on a lotta basketball. We kissed the hubby and the kiddos bye-bye and Kimbo and I headed to Temple on Thursday evening evening to pick up Jennifer. Of course, our priority one was what to eat for dinner. Our mouths were watering for Chuy's, so we stopped in Round Rock on the way. Yummy. Too much yummy. After a honkin' huge meal, we finished our short drive to the resort. I must note we only had one slight direction oversight that was quickly corrected! I take no credit, I am a direction dummy. When we arrived, I had strict instructions from Brent to stay up late and have a ball. So, in the mommy office way, that meant get into your jammies immediately and pull the covers down!
Our room had the best beds! A great view too! We ended up watching the NCAA tournament in our PJ's (I know, it's sick isn't it?). I think Kimbo was totally lights out at 10:30. She does get a pass since she is preggers. Jennifer and I stayed up until midnight pillow talking and watching Jimmy Fallon. I think I mainly talked about all the trashy reality TV shows I watched. I think I have Jennifer worried about me now. After lights out, it was nice to have a rest that did not involve two baby monitors in my ears. Although I naturally woke up a couple of times around 3 and 4, it was a great and much needed rest.


The sad thing about getting away when you have little bits at home...pumping. Need I say more?

At 8, we woke up to get ready for our pedicures. I so needed one. I had not had one since a month before Reese Elaine. Sick. We can down stairs to eat a monster breakfast and make our appointment with the tootsie dr. The area was so lovely and comfy.

Here's me soakin' my footsies!
And the other gals just gettin' some pampering!



Ta-Da!!!

After the pedi's, we decided we needed to go shopping. Well, I decided we needed to go shopping anyway. We went to the mall and hit some stores. I treated myself to some more birthday gifts! Jennifer and Kimbo did not buy anything-they were looking for their littles an Easter outfit. No luck! After a quick bite at the good ol' food court, we headed back to our happy homes. It was a great time for me. I so enjoyed having time to giggle and talk about girl stuff. Funny how much being a mom changes your conversations...breastfeeding, weight, sassy toddlers. It's our life that we love now! However, it is nice to get a break every now and again. Thanks, Big Daddy Brent! You are a good Sugar Daddy!
When we arrived home, all of the baby apparatuses were outside, outside TV blaring b-ball, the pool was out, sunscreen and half naked babies galore. I think the daddy offices had fun too.

12 comments:

Rose said...

YAY YAY YAY FUN!

Anonymous said...

I feel ya on the pumping....HATE IT!!!!

Sally said...

ya'll are too cute!! that looked SOOO FUN! and ya'll deserve it! What sweet daddies to send you off too, love it. :)

angie said...

Oh what a great gift!! Looks like you had a blast:-)

lauren said...

What a fun trip! Did you ever see Kristin?

Anonymous said...

What a fun girls' trip!! Way to go Brent!

Kimberly said...

Such a fun get-a-way for us and of course the kids loved being with each other, but I think you're right, Daddy Office may have enjoyed themselves the most!

I treasure all the memories!

(But man, I look so very tired and round in those pictures! I boycott pictures of myself until after this pregnancy ends!)

Swartz's Scribbles said...

how fun. it's so nice to get a little break every now and then. and kimberly, you look good girl... can't even tell your preggers.

Robyn said...

That is so great...made me smile to see yall having this happy time together as girls. What a great gift - and great husbands! And the pumping pic...hilarious! (and as a mom I totally understand you there). =)

The Johnstons said...

Such a fun time! Glad y'all had a chance to get away and relax.

walkers said...

yeah for you! my mouth is watering as I look at your pictures. your hubby rocks!

Jennifer said...

So so fun! I had a blast with you girlies! And, no, I'm not worried about your trashy reality tv shows. I watch some too! Thanks for including me in your special birthday gift! Love you!