Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy Birthdays to ME!

Party on! All week long and still going! I turned 29 today, but have been celebrating all week long! I celebrated on Sunday with Kendra (her actual birthday) and Nana, who shares a birthday with me! Pam cooked a yummy lasagna and made everyone's favorite chocolate dessert! What a special treat! Here are the birthday girls!
Colton and Tristan are "helping" blow out candles...which means drooling all over the cake.
The future Baylor Beauty nominees.
THEN, Tuesday night, my playgroup mommy night out happened to fall the night before my birfday, so we celebrated it again!!! Sally and Corrie were able to come and play too! Double treat! I had a blast and stayed out way late (well, for me)! Kimbo and Creighter ended up staying the night too because Benjie went out of town and Uncle Brent babysat while we stuffed our faces and he was asleep when we got home. Well, a CRAZY night it turned out to be...Creighter threw up all over Kimbo and the guest bed in the middle of the night! Tristan, then woke up in a craze asking repeatedly for "daddy" all though he was holding him. Reese decided to wake up and eat in the midst of it all! Poor Kimbo, covered in chunks was more worried about my mental stability than the fact that she just got ralphed on (honestly, hun, the plague has lived at our house for a while now so I am used to it)! After all the creatures went back to bed, the next morning everyone seemed to feel better and managed to sing me "Happy Birthday!" SO sweet. I then feverishly wiped everything down in clorox and lysol.

Amy K, K-Dog, Sally O'Mally and Kimbo
Cor, Holl, and Cooney
Teacher sweater (I promise, the whole ensemble was cute in person) and Tetens
teacher sweater again and Lib--who trucked herself out 11 days post-partum! high five.

On my actual birthday evening, prince charming Brent took me to dinner and dessert. I have missed this man so much. We play relay EVERY single night with the kids and watch half of American Idol in bed...but only half because we fall dead asleep before it is over. So, all that being said, for my birthday I wanted to be alone with him! My sweet parents watched the monkeys while we went out. I think we did good. We did not mention the kiddos but a couple of times. Talked and talked and talked. He gave me a 2 day getaway trip with Kimbo and Jennifer in a couple of weeks so I can relax and hang out! It is all planned out and so nice. Thanks, babe.
We tried to take a picture of each other to post, the kind where you hold the camera out, but they were all a bust, so no evidence for you to look at. I am going to celebrate me again on Friday with my parents since we used them tonight.
It is strange to think this is my last "20" year to have. I don't normally get rattled about age, but the only thing that bothers me is that I always said I wanted to be DONE having kids by age of 30. You do the math on that one.
Thanks everyone who gave me gifts, called me, texted me, send actual cards (Corrie!) and emailed me yesterday. It made my day super special!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun week!!

Kimberly said...

I did ask Brent if he'd like to ask you who you wanted to take to your spa get-a-way! He said, no, he was picking. Lucky me! Can't wait!

And I hope, hope, hope I can get your present to you tonight some time.

Hope you had a happy day! But I'm worried if you are planning to be done having kids by 30- because that's only 12 months away.

Kelly said...

mmm so how many kids do you want???

kinsey said...

happy birthday!! and i feel ya on not being excited about age. i'm 11 months ahead of you and 2 kids behind :-( now my goal is to be done before i turn 34. ha!

Page said...

Happy birthday!! I turn 29 later this year, so I know what you mean!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday! looks like you had fun!

Mollie said...

Happy Birthday, Girl!!!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

happy birthday lady! you and i actually share the same day...just a year apart ;). sounds like you have had a great birthday week so far and with so much to be thankful for with your two little cuties!

Robyn said...

Yay! So glad you had such great birthday celebrations! You're spa get-a-way sounds wonderful. Enjoy girl!