Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Mommy Office After Hours

Being a Mommy Office is hard. Some days are much harder than others. If you are a Mommy Office and you are reading this, I pray you get a reprieve from time to time. I pray you have a nice hobby for yourself. Most importantly, I hope you have other Mommy Offices to confide and relate to. I hope you all can go out to dinner once and a while and talk about boogers, poopies, and molars. I really really hope all of you have those kinds of friends. Other mommies are such a good support. Last night, my playgroup (minus the muffins) went to our monthly Mommies Only Dinner. It is always a nice and welcomed treat. Sadly, not all of us were there...you guys were missed. I love getting to sit and talk about little things with them. Big things too. Sometimes, you feel like you are doing it all wrong. Then someone else lets you know you aren't. It's good to know other moms feel like they are not being creative enough, attentive enough, patient enough. It's good to know other kids are having nightmares or crawling out of their beds 7 times a night--ok, well, that is NEVER 'good', but at least other kids are doing it! I look forward to good times and often GREAT laughs with my girls. I love every Thursday morning and look forward to seeing each of you. Tristan has been blessed with some pretty special friends. Everyone of you has touched my life in a very very special way. My sistas! Here they are (and might I add how pretty they all are!): Kimberly, Holly, Kelly M & Ashley K.
Ashley B.+baby Jake, Libby, yours truly, Kelly T., & Amy
...and I leave you with these little gems--they make all the 'round the clock Office hours worth it:


9 comments:

Corrie said...

You ladies look so lovely!

I think being a mommy in general is hard--being a mommy who has a mommy office AND being a mommy that has an office outside the home.

You are very fortunate to have so many people around you who are in the same situation you are and who can provide support. Lots of people don't have someone (or anyone!) who they can relate to in their current mommy situation--especially in Waco!

Rose said...

Love that top picture of Reese! She is a doll!

Kimberly said...

At least I look as out of it as I felt! Shouldn't have made that journey feeling so horrible & I'm praying I didn't infect any of you, dear friends!

I do want to go back there when I'm able to taste all those calories from my sampler plate!

I love Mommy Office times and I'm grateful to you for all the ways you included me when we moved to this town. You're the best!

Page said...

Wow, Reese seems to have changed overnight!! She looks so grownup from the last pics of her...what a cutie!!

lauren said...

Reese looks so much bigger and just gets cuter and cuter! I can't wait to get together with our kids! Jack wants to meet Reese!

I agree with you, being a mommy can be be hard, and it really helps to have friends to be real with and realize you're not alone in what you're feeling, dealing with, etc!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

Every time i read one of your new posts, i feel like God has just blessed you with being a great mom...as if you knew how to take care of your kids right from the start. You are so graceful about it all (to me at least). It makes me wish that i can half the christian mother and friend you are when T-Rye and I get ready for that stage.
you are so lucky to have such great other Office Mommies to get together with. It will be neat seeing y'alls kids become better friends over the years too!
Reese, is so cute! i can't believe how big she is getting

Sally said...

ahhh, that looks so fun!! i agree - those are a must and such a blessing! what a great mommy community there is here in waco, i am so grateful!
hugs to you, sorry to miss tbk today...ahh, i am slacking! :)

Mollie said...

Yep...Motherhood isn't a job to do alone!!! Friends make it doable!!
Reese is looking SO sweet!!!

The Johnstons said...

What a fun night...always is! Thank you for always being so sweet and caring. You have been such a blessing to me over the past year, and I am so thankful for your friendship.