Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to REW, Happy Birthday to REW!

Yesterday, Reese Elaine had her 2 month Birthday! What a doll baby! Here are my favorite things about REW. She is a quiet and peaceful child. She literally wakes up to eat and falls right back asleep! How long will THAT last? Her sleeping is sporadic these days, some nights she is up at 3 am and sometimes, she wakes up at 8 am! It is really not that big if a deal though when she wakes up. She loves her bath time so much. I think it to be strange. She just lays there and smiles! She is also a quick nurser. Maximum of 8 minutes. What?! That seems crazy, but if you look at her arms and cheeks, you know she is gettin' the goods! She has the hugest fat rolls on her thighs...lovin' those! Right now, she loves staring at ceiling fans, lights, etc. She will grin and coo for hours if you put her underneath a fan! Whatever works, kiddo. Her acne has cleared up to show her beautiful, sweet skin again! She does have some cradle cap going on and a little bit of eczema. I think you can say she wrote the book on baby skin problems! Also, she is a grunty gal! I LOVE the grunts. I cannot tell if it is Reese Elaine or Frankie making all the sounds! I really just can't say enough about this sweet baby girl. She is so wonderful. The other night, she was just staring into my eyes--and I swear those little eyes were dancing and dancing. We stared at each other for 10 minutes. It was our own little moment. No one else was invited to share in it. I love those times when I can just steal a brief piece of heaven with my kids. To feel nothing but gratitude and love for them. I wish I made more opportunities for them. Anyway, it made me realize how precious time is...and how quickly it goes. I will forever remember the day my daughter's eyes danced at the sight of her mommy.
We got our 2 month old shots today. Of course, she was traumatized. It was the first time I think I have heard her cry, I mean REALLY cry since she was pulled out of the womb (Yes, sisters, there is hope for a non-fussy baby)! She did great though and is currently sleeping in her crib!

Stats:

Height: 22 1/4 inches Weight: 11.4 pounds Head: 39 cm

All are average for her age group!

22 comments:

Doublebanker said...

Very precious...

With our first we had a 1wk, 2wk, 1mo, 2mo, 3mo & 6mo checkup. Our second has only had a 1mo, 2mo & 4mo so far.

Check out my time warp gifs

S, J, B, & S said...

She is gorgeous! Happy 2-month birthday Reese!!! I can only pray that Sutton will be as laid-back as she is!! What a blessing!

Angie said...

Wow! To me, she is really starting to look like Tristan. Do you see it too? What a sweet baby- I can;t wait to meet her soon!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, she looks JUST like you in those pics!! So fun!! what a sweetie!

me said...

she looks like you!

Mollie said...

She's so sweet Nicki!!!

Robyn said...

I am so happy for you Nicki! How precious to be enjoying this "new baby" season again. She sounds like an angel. I too, love those sweet moments of pure connection and love between Mommy and baby. What a gift!

Abby said...

She is precious. Enjoy the "mommy and daughter" moments. Madyson and I still have them daily and I love them. They are some of my favorite seconds out of the day!!

The Holmans said...

Nicki,

We don't actually know each other, but have many mutual friends (Abby, Britney, Burson, etc)... I follow your blog and Reese is absolutely precious...she definitely looks like you! Maybe try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for the eczema. I am a derm pharma rep and Cetaphil is excellent for babies!

Having It All said...

She is so very sweet. You are blessed.

kelly 's a riot said...

hi love!
i missed you (even though i saw you for a sec today) so i read your blog:) silly, isn't it? we live across town and i still catch up w/ you via the internet! i LOVE the pix of reese's eyes open! i don't believe i've ever seen them! has it REALLY been 2 months? you look amazing, by the way---maybe there is something to all this bodyscuplting and kick-boxing. hmmmm...

Corrie said...

What a sweet baby girl, Nic! Ryan and I think she looks SO much like Tristan! They are FOR SURE siblings! :)

angie said...

So so precious!!

Melissa said...

What a sweety pie! She sure is a doll, Nicki!

Kelly said...

She is so cute!!

Jaime said...

sooo adorable!! Caroline is a quick nurser too...reid was a looong nurser so i'm loving this! my camera is my brother's and its some fancy sony but i got a canon rebel xsi for Christmas. i still don't have it yet. boo. ;)

Jill said...

She is so cute! Starting to look more like a Fretty/Wilson!

Kimberly said...

her hair is laying flat and she looks so grown up! she's such a precious little one! she does look like her mommy- lucky little one!

kinsey said...

she's precious!!

Shannon said...

She is precious! We meet our sweet girl two weeks from today! YIPPEE!! Seeing Reese makes me really excited!

laura said...

She is so beautiful, Nicki! Those sweet eyes are just gorgeous. I love to picture the two of you having sweet mommy/daughter moments!

Anonymous said...

that diaper looks real wet, love to take it off and lick the pee off herslit, make her buck and kick then put the diaper cream on herpussy and gently slip my finger in her, loved feeling my girlspussy's and next month a granddaughter coming mmmmmmmmmmm nice freshpussy for grandpa