Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out of Sorts

I know, I know. One post a week is not enough for the adoring fans. I apologize. Last week was a bit ummmm...kooky and busy. Or maybe nothing interesting happened to talk about. However, I do miss these gals TERRIBLY: This was the summer Bible Study gang. So wonderful. We did 'The Patriarchs' by Beth Moore. It was wonderful. A history lesson with a lot of insight as only Beth can do, well, God writes the fabulous outline and she simply adds some vibrant commentary. Highly recommend if you need a study. These girls are my prayer WARRIORS and we prayed eachother thru a LOT of stuff--some of it good stuff and some of it crappy stuff. Everyone was honest and open and raw. Love that...it is always my prayer for the Church to be that way--to be that way with fellow believers. Great. Anyway, last week we had family BBQ to end the session. Missing you all terribly and cannot wait to start again. One gal already delivered a bambino since then and we have 3 on the way....
Aside from that, I have felt pretty funky. It is so rare for me to feel this way. I am normally happy or happier. However, I had to stop teaching my classes (kickboxing) last week and it has really effected my emotional state. My pubic bone (sorry, guys, it is what it is) was really starting to hurt when I was doing all my jumps and kicks, etc. Albeit, the jumps were merely a centimeter off of the ground, they were jumps to my big self. Anyway, I finally decided it was time to "clock out". It was such a frustrating thing for me. It was a challenge for me to go as long as I did and I have felt so so so physically healthy this pregnancy. And BAM...a bruised pubic bone. Of all things. I think for the most part, I just miss it. I feel like I am not doing anything I am good at--not using my talents. I love to workout and I love people. I know most of you are thinking--well, you are being a good mama to Mug, but honestly at almost 8 months pregnant, that is even questionable on an energy level! Sorry, this is so wha-wha Debbie Downer, but it is honestly the way I have felt. The good thing is that Jennifer had her baby (she is in the pic above) which always lifts a cloud! My friend, Kathryn also had her baby boy today! Babies are a blessing! Life is a gift! Cheers to you all...
XOXO

6 comments:

lauren said...

I really, really missed you guys last night!! I'm already looking forward to our next one! You were so kind to host it every week. I'm so sorry that you're feeling funky. It's no fun to not be able to do things that we really enjoy or feel like we should be able to do. I just noticed this week that my... same body part that you mentioned has started hurting! I had a lot of trouble with that towards the end with James' pregnancy, so I'm not happy about it returning. Love you and miss seeing you!

Kimberly said...

We want the old Nic Nic back!!! Although, having those "down" feelings is so normal and infact, I have them and I'm not pregnant! God's going to bless you in a way you're least expecting by this "down" time as you wait for the arrival of little Reese. Just wait and see!

Love you bunches,

Page said...

Oh, I get in those funks, too. It will pass!! So sorry that you are not able to workout any longer, but your energy will soon return and you'll have another precious baby in exchange for this temporary feeling!

Nicki W. said...

**i should clarify--i am still working out, just not teaching. so, that is a little better than nothing at all!!!**

Mollie said...

I'm just so impressed that you were able to keep up kickboxing for so long!!! It seems like by the time I reached 6 months walking and swimming were the only things I could handle and still breathe and now my walks are pretty dang short!!! I'm SO looking forward to getting back into a workout routine after little man comes!!

walkers said...

oh poor nic and poor pelvis:) thinking about you and hoping the clouds lift-a