Monday, May 12, 2008

Favorite Day

Mother's Day has become one of my favorite holidays! I anticipate it now like Christmas! Not for the gifts, but because it is a day that has become so so so special to me. I woke up yesterday feeling so thankful and immeasurably blessed by my family. When I got out of bed, I went to check my email and this screen popped up: This is the picture that followed:
Brent booked us a family trip to the Turks and Caicos island! It is already paid for and ready to go! I am so excited to have a getaway with my boys this summer. I just want to relax and play in sun and sand for a week! Brent, you are so wonderful! Thanks for the AMAZING Mother's Day gift that I really do not deserve! You out-do yourself every year!

After church, both of our fams came over to our house for a HUGE dinner! We had ribs, chicken, potato salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob and yummy desserts! I love to host Mother's Day because I have both my mom and my MIL in town and I feel I can honor them on this particular day together. Both of them are incredible women who I love a great deal. What would I do without you two???
Gigi and Colton and Tristan (please note, Tristan is in his PJ's already due to a few cases of the big D)
Here is my joy, my heart. He could not have been more precious! His little attitude is infectious and his smile so contagious! I am just so thankful to be his mommy!



The other Wilsons!
Me and my little squeeze
My mom and T
My favorite part of the day could not have been sweeter. As I was getting Tristan ready for bed, I said "nigh-nigh, mommy loves you," and he looked at me and said, "lub ooo." He has never said that! What a wonderful close to a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Page said...

What a wonderful gift from your hubby! I know you can't wait to go and I'm so glad you had great mother's day!!

Melissa said...

What an awesome day! I'm so jealous of your trip! Have so much fun! I know it's still a little ways off...but I can't wait to see your pictures!!!