Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My 10 (almost and a half) Month Old!



Matthew 1:23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

What a wonderful time of year! So wonderful that I have not had a chance to sit down and write about my beloved 10 (almost and a half) month old!

The Christmas season is so sweet with a little one. Though Tristan does not quite grasp the concept just yet, I certainly have a greater appreciation for my son. A gift. And to think God sent his Son as the gift of our salavation is a little overwhelming and emotional to me. I am so thankful to share this time of year with my T!

The fist holidays were so fun for us! With our little tot who is now crawling about, all eyes are on him! I must say, he is quite an entertainer! I see this more and more with every day we spend with him. I mean, if he is not the center of attention, then we have a tantrum on our hands. You can't talk on the phone or have a conversation if he is in the room with you. You must look at Tristan and converse and include him in all you do. Needless to say, he and I have many "conversations" throughout the day about all we are doing and going to do.

He is getting a more completed smile, with 8 teeth on the make. Boy, do those teeth cause us some headaches among other things! Still, he is so cute with that crooked grin! His hair is wilder than ever and seems to keep getting crazier and longer as the days go on! He really does not look like a baby, I would say he looks like a toddler now.

He officially said his first words this month (besides mama). Are you ready for this? BALL. Hmmm...who'd have guessed it? The funniest thing about it is that he crawls around and looks for them and then says in an up-talk, "ba-aall!" It is the cutest thing! He is always right about it. He loves to throw the balls he finds as hard as he can at whoever is in front of him. Of course, he also says "Da--ug" which is Dog. He is also in love with all of his riding toys and adores being pushed on them and if you stop he throws a fit. Keeps me in shape.

I could go on and on, but I know you all have stuff you need to be doing just like me. I simply can't believe I have been writing these updates for 10 months. Will I write one for his 102th month (don't worry, I will not send it out if I do!)? I want to collect all of the precious moments and put them away somewhere. Somewhere that I can take them out one day and remember the feelings you get when you see your tiny one growing up. It is often bittersweet, but mainly just sweet.

I hope everyone had delightful holidays. Christmas is such a sweet time if you can outrun the hustle and bustle. I pray you all a wonderful New Year and peace to all of your families!

No comments: