Thursday, December 13, 2007

Another Blunder for Ya

Ok mommies. This one is a toughie. Brent and I are going on a getaway to the Carolinas next week. We leave Tuesday morning and return Thursday evening. Without Tristan. I am in knots. I want to go and so excited to sleep in and have lots of couple time and watch some basketball (we are going to the Baylor v. South Carolina game). I am just so stressed about it. Getting his food together, will I have enough milk, will he still nurse when I return, having to pump and dump while away (if that doesn't make you frown--what will?)...oh yeah...and missing my little mug like CRAZY! Did any of you go on a trip before your little was a year old? I feel selfish. I know that is crazy. I think once I get on that plane it will be OK, but now I am just in a tizzy. I need tips, people, I need some encouragement!

4 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi. You don't know me, but I am friends with Lindsay Watson. I have 2 girls that I both nursed for a complete year. We went on trips all the time during there first years I would pump on my normal schedule and if the hotel had a fridge, I would just store it in the milk bags. One time, I even kept it in a cooler with ice. Hey...that stuff is like "liquid gold". :) But, there were also many times I had to pump and dump. If you are worried about running out, take a can of formula for the sitter just as a back up. If he is not use to formula at all, try telling them to do half and half. My girls always took it fine. But, you never know. Well, I hope this helps. Have fun on your get away and don't stress about leaving your little one. It will be the first of many, I am sure. Take care!!! :)

lauren said...

I would suggest to really mentally prepare yourself to leave Tristan. Try to realize you're doing something that you never get to do and enjoy it to the fullest. You could potentially be miserable if you let yourself "go there" and long for him the whole time. It really helped us when we left James for a week. Also, I just had a running list that I would add to throughout the day anytime something would come up or pop in my head in the weeks prior. Then, relax and know that he is in great hands! At least you can have your cell phone by you at all times...we couldn't, and that was hard!

walkers said...

i agree with ashley- i bet you pump and store it. i think a good marriage is one of the most important things for your childs life. so going away and getting time with brent equals tristan being more safe and secure because his mommy and daddy love each other so much. we went away at 7 months and it was hard but he did great and i was so refreshed and ready to face life with a babe again! you can do it!

Audrey T said...

I hope you guys had a fabulous time! What a wonderful treat to have time with just each other.