Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My 9 Month Old




Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! My little tot is now 9 months...just 3 months short of his one year birthday! I give thanks for so many things that the Lord has blessed me with in my new found love. Let me count my blessings...

I am thankful for my little talker. Always practicing his "ba, pa, ma, ta, da..." I look forward to the day he will have conversation with me telling me his secrets...though we already share our secrets now! He now points to the deer head on the wall and says, "da-er", which is deer. I guess we are ok as long as he does not say "kill deer"--not yet anyway.

I am thankful for the "excited face" that you now give me, which is accompanied by the "excited noise". Those of you who have seen it know what I am talking about and if you have not seen it, you are missing out. I laugh at it every single time. Never gets old. I think he has caught on to this and knows to do it on cue. I pray he will always have joy in the simple things in his life.

I am thankful for his adventurous spirit. Loving to me flipped, spun, twirled, tossed, dipped, anything that makes me wince in horror is his sheer delight. Reminds me so much of his daddy...something I am thankful for, but also know will need prayer in the years to come!

I am thankful for my cuddle boy. Though his naps be short and grow even shorter, I love the time we use when he is that way. To cuddle and rock and sing. I know this is a fleeting time. Even now, he is so easily distracted. Still, he finds time to snuggle up with mama and give love. One of my favorite traits in Tristan.

I am thankful that he loves mommy and daddy so much that he cries when we leave him. Ok, this one is a stretch! It gets hard to leave him in church nursery or the Y when he cries being ripped out of my arms...I come back to the very same crying 90 minutes later. Though this is a struggle, I am thankful that now he loves us without reservation, so much that it hurts to see us walk away. For I know the day will come when he wants only money for something or a ride to a friends house. Cherish this time.

My love is stretched beyond my comprehension. Not only as a mom, but as a wife. I love Brent more than I ever thought possible, he is my better half, my companion and rock. I love the Lord more. I understand His grace a little better every day. His patience. I don't want to test it quite as much as I once did. He has certainly given me more than I deserve. For all the love, I am thankful.

Blessings to you all with love--we are thankful for each of you!

1 comment:

laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the pics of Tristan!