Thursday, December 08, 2005

Texas Blizzards

Anything that falls from the sky that is not rain...we completely shut down. Schools are shuttling kids home at the sight or rumored sight of a snow flurry. We are asking our bosses about the protocol for "winter mix" days, trying desparately to assure them that we will not be able to make the drive home without spinning out of control unless we leave the office immediately. We sit in front of the TV looking at the local stations, scanning the bottom of the screen to see if businesses, schools and highways are closed. This morning, everything you can think of is opening at 10:00 and from where I sit in my cozy living room sipping coffee, there is a small layer of frost on my grass. Oh, the beauty of "ice" days. Well, I could not catch Oprah, but I caught more of the Today show than usual. Guess I'll go start the car early so I don't get wind chapped by the blistering cold. All of this is to be read with sarcasm, by the way.

No comments: